This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by darrennj 2 months, 3 weeks ago.
October 3, 2017 at 12:57 pm #398692
1) My device type (iPhone/iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, etc):
IPhone 7 Plus
2) My firmware version:
3) What podcast software are you using? Please let us know the name and version:
Pocket Casts version 6.9.1
4) Was there a specific error displayed?
5) Did a series of steps seem to lead to the issue? Please describe:
added the DNR podcast using the private url.
6) Can you possibly create a screen capture of the issue and post it?
7) Completely describe the question or issue that you have with your podcast or device:
At some point (no sure when) the DNR artwork for the podcast stopped updating. It disappeared when I did a refresh artwork on my cast app when I also noticed that the cast wasn’t updating. I then deleted the podcast from the app and later readded it with an updated private url from this site, and while the podcast itself seems to now be updating as expected. The artwork for the podcast is blank, still.No votes yet.Please wait...
You must be logged in to access attached files.
October 28, 2017 at 10:55 am #407454
Unfortunately I am not familiar with Pocket Casts.
Regarding the artwork, Apple defines a certain artwork type and size for the podcast artwork/logo:
Artwork must be in the JPEG or PNG file formats and in the RGB color space with a minimum size of 1400 x 1400 pixels and a maximum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels at 72 DPI.
My initial guess, is the DNR 2.0 artwork that is in use, does not meet the requirements in some manner.
Apple’s Podcast still display’s the logo/artwork. They apparently get around their own specifications properly.
And I suspect Pocket Casts just sees it’s the wrong size or something, and does not display it.
I will ask Derek and Romaine to submit a new logo with the above specs.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.